Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A faithful friend


This photo is from January 2003, when she dragged herself out of bed at some ungodly hour to drive me and my Dad to the airport so we could make our way back to Ohio for the start of my new semester.

Kell was always a very good friend. No matter what, she could be counted on for a laugh in good times and a hug in times of trouble. Even during the times we lived apart, Kell was always there for me.

Once, when I was living in Ohio, Kell decided that she needed to send me a package in the mail. She went out and found me the most adorable little earings--studs with the initial "R" in sterling silver. She proudly wrapped them up in a regular envelope and mailed them off.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I recieved the package... I opened it up hastily to see what it contained and you can imagine my shock when I discovered the remnants of what used to be a very cute pair of earings! They had been destroyed in the mail, undoutedly by some machinery. I had no idea how to break the news to Kell, and when I finally told her she was so mad! She said "I knew they wouldn't survive the journey, but the postman told me the packaging should be fine!"

In classic Kell mode, she wasn't about to let Canada Post get in the way of her plans. The next day she marched out determined to find another pair of earings and determined to get them to me in one piece. She was successful in her mission, I recieved the cute little earings about a week later. And, Kell even had a solution for the "R"s that had broken off of the other pair. She suggested I string one through a chain and make a matching necklace!

How could you ever forget a friend like that?

No comments: