Sunday, October 17, 2010

A letter I wrote to Kell on August 28, 2000

Monday, August 28, 2000

Dear Kelly-Anne,

I thought it might be fun to send you some mail using good old Canada Post. How are you? I am doing fine, I am at work today, and I am typing this letter using a very neat typewriter whcih means it is a lot more difficult because I can't delete anything once it is down on the page.

Kelly-Anne, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your amazing friendship. I am so pleased to be able to call you my best friend. You have been here for me since I was a little girl and I value that deeply. I can not tell you how much it means to me to have you aroudn. I know that I can always call you or see you and I can tell you anything at all. Thank you, Kell. I love you so much.

You and Kimmy are like the sisters I never had and that is invaluable. I know that we will be friends forever and my children will call you Auntie Kell.

Kelly-Anne, you are a very special and talented young woman. You are smart, beautiful, athletic, caring, kind, compassionate, friendly, funny, and so much more. You are very blessed. I know you will make an excellent mother one day.

Kell, I want you to know that I will ALWAYS be there for you. You are my best firend and you always will be. I can't wait to see how the rest of our lives turn out but I know we will both be successful and happy people. Kell, have a great day and smile because you are a wonderful person and you are very much loved.

Love you always,
Rachel

This letter makes me SO sad. It makes me sad that Kell's journey was cut short. That she never got to accomplish all the things she wanted to in life. But it also makes me happy that at least I took the time (although not nearly often enough!) to tell Kell what a great friend she was.

No comments: