Thursday, November 03, 2011

Rallying the troops

One of my favorite things about Facebook is that it allows me to easily keep up with friends from the many stages of my life--church, elementary school, high school, college, grad school, work colleagues, etc.

I know when things are going amazingly well, but it also allows me to know when things are going less well. Today I'd like to ask you all to pray for my friends, Amanda and Stephen, and their daughter, Lauren. Amanda, Kell, and I went to the same high school and graduated the same year. Amanda is a great girl and it was so exciting to see her joy as a new mom after giving birth to her first child earlier this year. I've kept up with baby Lauren's developments, savoring the adorable photos of her as she grows and matures.



This week, however, Amanda found out that poor baby Lauren is very sick. You can read Amanda's heart-breaking story by clicking on her blog.

Please pray for baby Lauren. Please pray the doctors find out what is causing her illness and find a way to fix it. Pray that Amanda and Steve have the strength to get through this difficult time.

Thanks. I know they appreciate the support.

UPDATED, 11/17/2011--Lauren has been diagnosed with a terrible, terrible illness. Please continue to pray for the whole family.

1 comment:

Amandainmtl said...

Thank you Rachel, this means a lot to Stephen and I. You're wonderful! Lauren is having a good day today, smiling and talking. We are taking it all in.