Thursday, November 17, 2011

May God comfort the Lougheeds


Little Lauren who I wrote about in my last post has been diagnosed with Leukodystrophy, a terrible illness that degrades the white matter in its victim's brains. The disease is incurable and progressive.

My heart breaks for Amanda and Steve. When I heard the diagnosis I spent a couple of hours researching the disease. Everything I read was worse than the next thing. I eventually began to feel nautious. I can't begin to imagine their pain and their suffering. They have been told that they will eventually lose their precious baby daughter. No one should have to suffer this way.

This amazing little family is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you will lift them up in yours as well. Lauren is an adorable and precious baby. Her parents need all the strength they can get to help take care of her and keep themselves stong and sane as they cope with tragic news.

You can follow along on Amanda and Steve's blog here.

No comments: