Saturday, October 04, 2008

Four Years

Sadly, the time has come to mark another year that has passed since Kelly-Anne's murder. Another year that we are deprived of her presence in our lives. Our friend was taken from us so horrifically, and the raw pain of those tragic days in early October 2004 continues to haunt us as we mark the passing of another year.

As time marches on I find that I don't miss Kelly-Anne any less than I did before. And somehow, the perspective of four years seems to make the situation even sadder. I honestly find myself wondering how this could have ever happened to my dear sweet Kelly-Anne. Someone so full of joy and life, eager to experience all life had to offer was snuffed out at the tender age of twenty-four. Unbelievable.

As a tribute to my friend, I have put together a new video on Youtube.com to celebrate her life. Kelly-Anne was able to make everything an adventure... Hopefully those of us that were lucky enough to know her will continue to do the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rachel, I am very moved by your tribute. It helps me to remember all the joy Kell had.

Lord Galathon said...

I just wanted you to know that I admire you for what you are doing here. My little sister lived with Morin-Cousineau a few years before everything happened and I just only recently found out he had been condemned for this. I didn't know, but at the time he was dating my sister, he was abusive with her and even beat my parents for trying to intervene. I feel for you, I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to be in your situation.

For the record my parents and sister didn't tell me about this abusive situation until very recently, they were worried I might "do something" to Morin-Cousineau if I found out then as in those days my wife was pregnant with our daughter.

In a way I could blame them for the whole thing, because maybe if I had found out when he was seeing my sister I could've stopped it all. Then again I might be the one that would've wound up in jail.

I've been torn by this since I found out.

Anonymous said...

When we were in court we found out that Cousineau had issues with another women, but charges were never laid on him. I find that extremely sad that your sister and parents went through this and didn't follow through with laying charges. If they had done so, would my daughter be alive today I wonder?
I am not trying to lay a guilt trip on you , but my mission is to educate women and teenagers that if they are in abusive relationships that they have to speak up if they want to get out of the relationship safely. My daughter like your sister and parents were afraid of Cousineau.

I hope you will support my family when the time comes for his eligabilty for parole ( 10 years from now) that we can keep him in prison forever.

Doreen
Mother of Kelly-Anne

www.mydaughterkelly-anne.blogspot.com